How can I transfer my Vortex development license to another machine? I recently got a new machine and need to migrate my development license to it. The development license is tied to the hostid of my old machine. Is it possible to do this?
How to transfer your Vortex Development license
It is possible to do this. First you will need to get the hostid of the machine that you want to move the Vortex development license to. Once you have installed Vortex you can get the hostid of the machine from the command:
rlmutil rlmhostid – ether
Then you will need to log into the IST Adlink Customer Portal and follow these steps
- Go to the Contracts and Products Downloads page.
- Select the relevant contract number from the list of contracts displayed
- Select the tab labelled “License” from the list across the top.
- This shows a list of all the licensable products that you own. Select the product for which you want to migrate your license
- The screen will expand to show the license information and to allow you select the type of license you require.
- To migrate the license to another machine, select “Migrate” and click “Select”
- The screen is further expanded to enable you to enter the new hostID. Enter the information obtained from rlmutil and click “Generate License”
- A license should be generated and mailed to you.