Vortex Cafe Documentation
Vortex Cafe is one of the products that is bundled with the Vortex Platforms installer. All the documentation is included with the release. The easiest way to access it is to find the index.html file inside the distribution. This provides the links to all the documentation.
The Vortex Cafe documentation set will help you install and develop applications using Vortex Cafe. Vortex Cafe is a Java (TM) implementation of the Data Distribution Service (DDS) It allows you to develop DDS applications that run on Android devices and any JVM enabled devices. These applications will interoperate with existing DDS systems
Installing Vortex Cafe
Before you can use Vortex Cafe you will need to install and license it. The Vortex Cafe installation Guide (pdf | html) will take you though the steps to install and license the software. It also shows you how to compile the examples that are included in the distribution.
Using Vortex Cafe
The Vortex Cafe User Guide (pdf | html) will show you how to configure Vortex Cafe, how to use Vortex Cafe and what runtime configurations you should use. It will help you start developing applications using Vortex Cafe.
Vortex Cafe API
The Vortex Cafe API documentation will be a great help once you start active development using Vortex Cafe
Vortex Cafe Examples
Vortex Cafe comes with a set of example to help you get up and running quickly. These examples also inter-operate with examples included with the other Vortex products. You can find more information about them in the index.html file included in the distribution.
These are the examples that are inside the distribution:
- HelloWorld example – which provides a simple example of using DDS
- Chat example – which is another simple example of using DDS
- Roundtrip example – this is an example of latency measurement
- Throughput example – this is an example of throughput measurement
- PingPong example – this example consists of two executables that exchange data using 2 partitions. Running both these executables allows you to measure roundtrip duration when sending and receiving a single message
- JavaFX ishapes example – this is a graphical example that demonstrates advanced Vortex Cafe usage.
- Android Chat example – this is the same example as the Chat example but demonstrates how to run it on Android.
- Android ishapes example – this is the Android version of the previous iShapes example