This page lists all the new features that have been added in different Vortex Insight releases.
Vortex Insight 2.1.2 contains the following new features:
- Support for Cloud & Fog 2.1.4.
- Support for OpenSplice 6.9.0.
Vortex Insight 2.1.0 contains the following new features:
- Support for Cloud & Fog 2.1.0.
- Support for OpenSplice 6.8.0.
Vortex Insight 2.0.0 contains the following new features:
- Support for Cloud & Fog 2.0.0 – Vortex Insight supports connecting and browsing topology of Vortex Cloud & Fog deployments.
Vortex Insight 1.2.2 contains the following new features:
- Support for Windows 10 – Vortex Insight now officially supports the Windows 10 operating system 32bit and 64bit. The following browsers are officially supported on Windows 10: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Support for Vortex Fog 1.3.2 – Vortex Insight supports connecting and browsing topology of Vortex Fog deployments. See the user guide for more information.
Vortex Insight 1.2.1 contains the following new features:
- Support for Vortex Cloud with Boundary Security – Since Vortex Cloud 1.3.1, Cloud systems deployed with boundary security is now possible (see Vortex Vortex Cloud user guide, section 7). This provides authentication, cryptography and access-control features necessary for Vortex Cloud systems and participating devices to securely interoperate. As such, Vortex Insight documentation has been updated to provide necessary instructions to follow in order to configure the Vortex Insight server. These instructions enable Vortex Insight to effectively communicate with and monitor Vortex Cloud systems deployed with boundary security.
Vortex Insight 1.2.0 contains the following new features:
- Navigability enhancements – The domain tree browser has been updated with navigation links between views. This provides the ability for the user to navigate and explore the relations between related entities across applicable tree browsers. Tree browser navigation is implemented using context menus on entity nodes in the tree. User can select an entity in one tree and jump to any of its related entities located in the same tree or in the other trees.
- Table sorting and filtering – The Insight web client UI has been enhanced with configurable data tables. This feature allows the user to easily access the information displayed in the table by providing the ability to sort and filter the table contents. This helps to more effectively organize the information available in the table. Sorting and filtering table content can be applied to one or more columns at the same time.
- Tree browser filtering enhancements – Multiple improvements have been brought to the tree filtering feature. The tree filtering core engine has been re-designed to provide greater power and ease of use. Tree filtering enables a user to hide/show subsets of a given tree browser using filters to perform tree slicing. A new user interface design has been implemented with now the ability to combine entity type and name pattern filters using ‘filter modules’. This version of the feature also extends tree filtering to the topics tree view. Tree filtering configurations and tree filtering states are now remembered using HTML5 localStorage API as opposed to cookies. This considerably augments the amount of filter configurations the browser can remember. Additionally, a new filter configuration called “no_internals” is now available under the “Default Filters” list of the filter menu. This filter configuration allows the user to filter off all internal entities and built-in topics.
- Better support for Vortex products – Insight has been enhanced to provide information on all Vortex DDS products active in a domain. User applications shown in a domain can now be identified by which Vortex DDS implementation (Vortex OpenSplice, Café or Lite) they are running. This is achieved by hovering on its application node in the domain tree view. Improvements have also been made to ensure consistent support in representing live topology of Vortex products.
- Usability improvements for the QoS table and graph – The QoS settings table and QoS compatibility graph have been updated with improved functionalities. The QoS compatibility graph now displays reader and writer icons to make it easier to differentiate reader and writer nodes in the graph. User does not need to scroll horizontally anymore if labels in the graph nodes are too long since the text is now wrapped. QoS settings table displays the value of “unlimited”, which is a better indicator than the value “-1” previously used. In addition, UserData policy value is now displayed in hexadecimal characters with option to convert it to a human readable string value where applicable.
- Summary statistics support for domains – Insight now shows summary statistics for a given domain. Those summary statistics include the number of nodes, topics, applications, services, participants and partitions in the domain. The information is displayed as a table when the user clicks on the domain node in the domain tree view.
- Support for entity creation timestamp – For any DDS entity, a timestamp value is now available under its summary statistics table. The timestamp indicates the date and time at which the entity was created in the middleware.