New releases of Spectra CX are made available on a regular basis with bug fixes, changes and new features. This page lists the new features and changes in the different Spectra CX versions.
New features and changes in Spectra CX version 3.6.4
- Spectra CX has two versions of the JTRS APIs model libraries. The standard one works with the standard CF_IDL model library and the optimized one works with the size optimized SCA_IDL model library
- Two example Tutorial models exist where one works with the standard CF_IDL model library and the other works with the size optimized SCA_IDL model library.
- When creating a new SCA model, there now is an option to create the model with standard CF_IDL (default) or size optimized SCA_IDL.
New features and changes in Spectra CX version 3.6.2
- Generating SCA C and C++ code, XML descriptors, Variation Point Models, Tests, and Targetloader headlessly from CLI.
- Specifying IDL generated files suffixes at the model level for C++ code generation to use user-specified naming conventions.
- Generating C++ worker class access to servant can now be controlled with a component level option.
- A new property Abstract uses ports attribute is added at model and component level.
- Overriding Id’s at SCA Properties is now supported.
- Struct sequence type is now supported for C++ generation.
- Fan out connections for uses ports is now supported.
- A new property Generate connection handler is added at model and component level.
- A new library SCA_IDL is added which is a optimized CF_IDL, using new library shall result in smaller (in size) binary files.
- Test property type, C++ generation is improved to extract values for property and then call into worker.
- A new property Generate Executable Parameters is added at component level.
- Spectra CX 3.6.2 onwards provides port icon is and uses port icon is
New features and changes in Spectra CX version 3.6.1
- Spectra CX 3.6.0 moves the underlying platform from RSA 8.5.1 to RSA 9.1. RSA 9.1 requires a new license which can be obtained by contacting sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Modeling for SCA properties of type simple sequence have changed. This is described in the user guide under Sequence Property Type. An example of modelling simple sequence properties can be found under SCA Simple Sequence Property.
- Struct sequence is now supported for modelling. This is described under Sequence Property Type in the user guide with an example for defining struct sequence properties under SCA Struct Sequence Property.
- SCA property values can be overridden at component level as well. For struct, simple sequence and struct sequence property sheet at component level should be used for setting values
- A new library called SCA Primitives library is added which contains most primitive types pre-modeled and these types can be reused with in the same component by overriding id’s on SCA Property.
- Struct property type is now supported for SCA Validation, XML generation and C++ generation. C generation is not supported.
- Struct sequence type is now supported for SCA Validation, XML generation. C and C++ code generation is not yet supported.
- A new feature for generating C++ worker attributes is now added which can be set at model level and can be overridden at component and property level. These attributes can be generated with CORBA or POSIX data types, this property can be found at model level. Generation for C worker attributes is not yet supported.
- Build configuration dialog can now remember values for multiple build configs for a single component.
- A menu item is added to refactor menu at component level in order to change its type. See Changing ComponentType.