Getting started with Vortex OpenSplice Tuner
This video shows you how to run and preview the interactive features of the Vortex OpenSplice Tuner with an OpenSplice Domain. This will allow you to easily interact with your OpenSplice DDS entities to view them, test with them and even create entire scripted test scenarios based on them. This is a very powerful tool when used in-depth, or even as a simple DDS domain viewer.
In this video you will learn how to:
- Set up your environment with OpenSplice paths
- Start the OpenSplice DDS domain
- run the Vortex OpenSpliceTuner
- connect the Tuner to a running OpenSplice domain
- Look at Entities within domain and examine them minutely
- Interact with Tuner by creating a Pub/Sub and reader to demonstrate changes in Tuner
- Run the Ping/Pong example to show Topics appear and are usable in the Tuner
The video should be viewed at 1080p for the text to be legible.
Before running the Vortex OpenSplice Tester you need to have the following software installed on your machine:
- OpenSplice DDS
- Java 1.7 or greater
Previewing and running the OpenSplice Tuner.
The video will show you how to run the OpenSplice Tuner by first connecting to and viewing an OpenSplice Domain, then interacting passively with it. We look at the power of the Tuner in examining and comparing different entities, and then run the Ping/Pong example to show entities appearing within the Tuner in real-time.
You may also want to look at the OpenSplice Tester User Guide which contains links to all the latest documentation to help you get up and running with Vortex.