In the Debian 9 environment, the Vortex OpenSplice Launcher tool will fail to open if the Vortex OpenSplice installation directory path is too long.
Why does the Vortex OpenSplice launcher fail?
The path length is problematic. It is a problem with the bundling of the java 8 jre. Seeing problem in debian 9 environment.
<<< Vortex OpenSplice HDE Release 6.8.1n1 For x86_64.linux, Date 2017-07-05 >>>
/home/dds/cj/PrismTech2/Vortex_v2/Device/VortexOpenSplice/6.8.1n1/HDE/x86_64.linux/bin/ospllauncherpyright (C) 1996-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
- it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
- the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
- any later version.
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- GNU General Public License for more details.
- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
- along with this program; if not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- The format of this file is the same as for the corresponding file of
- the X Window System, which normally can be found in
- /usr/lib/X11/locale/libpackager.so not found.
How can I workaround this problem?
Install Vortex OpenSplice as superuser.
Shorten the Vortex OpenSplice installation directory path.